You are currently viewing Visitor visa

Visitor visa

Dayana Immigration Services
Dayana Immigration Services

Visitors to Canada, including tourists, business travelers, and other visitors must receive either a temporary resident visa (TRV) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) from IRCC before arrival in Canada. United States of America passport holders are exempt.
In 2019 are issued 4,077,471 Eta and 1,696,871 temporary resident visas. Most people need a visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada – not both. Some people may only need their valid passport. You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:

Visa Application

• the type of travel document you plan to travel with
• the country that issued your travel document
• your nationality
• your method of travel to Canada for this trip

A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that we stick in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada. Most travellers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination. Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport.